Re: [exim] ratelimit is counting wrong

Author: Chris Laif
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ratelimit is counting wrong
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Marten Lehmann <lehmann@???> wrote:
> minute does work. But users want to send bulk mailings within a short
> amount of time, so I really need 600 emails per minute, but on the other
> hand I don't want users to be able to send 36000 emails per hour.

We've observed all kinds of strange problems with rate-limiting. Some
anti-virus software on the client side effectivly doubled the number
of RCPTs sent to our server by checking for the acceptance/validity of
the email-addresses (RCPT foo, RSET, RCPT bar, RSET, ...) before
sending the 'real' email. Of course this breaks rate-limiting badly.

Chris