Re: [exim] exim mail headers

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ian Eiloart
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Nayagi MC, Exim-users List
Aihe: Re: [exim] exim mail headers

--On 20 October 2008 18:13:29 +0530 Nayagi MC <nayagimc@???> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Actually , I have found that some mails were not delivered. I want to
> trace the mails based on the subject or header information.
> Is there any command in exim to search for mails in queue or from
> delivered mails using the headers or subject of the mails

Yes, you can search the queue using "exim -bp", and you can search the logs
using, for example "exigrep <SEARCH_STRING> <FILENAME>", but subject lines
are not logged by default. You'll need to search on, for example, a sender
or recipient email address.

You can find full documentation at <http://www.exim.org/> in various
formats. I find the PDF nice and easy to search:
<http://www.exim.org/exim-pdf-current/doc/spec.pdf>

If you need more help that this, you should say what operating system you
are using, since file locations vary by OS.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex