Re: [exim] Extreme slow delivery of messages ..

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: faisal anif
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Extreme slow delivery of messages ..
On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 11:24 +0200, faisal anif wrote:
> I used to have a dedicated server with godaddy.com (Celeron, 1GB RAM,
> Simple Control Panel) and used mailman to run a mailing list of about
> 97,000 subscribers .. now I moved to different server providers (I
> tried 2 already) with the same server specifications but this time
> with Cpanel, and Cpanel uses Exim MTA ..
>
> the godaddy server used to deliver all the messages in less than an
> hour or so .. but the new servers are extremely low in delivering the
> messsssages, it took hem over 5 days and I still can find thousands of
> addressses stuck in the queue .. even with forcing delivery they're
> still there ..
>
> I checked the mailman logs and it's not a mailman issue, it's an exim
> issue..

well, Exim isn't terribly good at bulk sending, but there are things you
can do in Mailman's configuration to help Exim. check out
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS in mm_cfg.py -- what is it set to now? I think something
like 100-500 would be appropriate.

you can also try running "exim -qq" manually and see if the queue runner
works better that way.
--
regards,
Kjetil T.