Re: [exim] noreplys...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Oliver von Bueren
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] noreplys...
John Doe wrote:
> Hum... I tested with yahoo mail and it worked; but maybe they don't verify the sender...

No, yahoo doesn't do sender verification using callout, you'll find
smaller provider doing this more than larger ones, it's a resource
question as well.
> By autoreply, you mean things like bounce_message_file or warn_message_file to do it?
> Sorry, I am still a bit by exim's syntax. If you know of an example

No, it's not related to the bounce_message_file or warn_message_file.
These are used if your server generates an error message because it
can't deliver a message and gets a rejection from a server it tries to
send to. The message the sending user gets, if his message is rejected
by your server with a :fail: will be constructed by the server of the
sending user, so it's not within your control. And :blackhole: doesn't
do anything more than silently discarding the incoming message.
> Does that mean that there are no "clean" solutions (appart from blocking mailinglists emails)...?
> Maybe could there be a way to check if the email is one of our members before sending the autoreply...?

A clean way without any risk is probably not possible. If you have a
list of members and only inform them if they send a message to the
noreply@ address, this reduces the risk quite a lot. But then why would
you want to do that if you can limit the senders which can send you mail
to that email address then anyway? It only annoys to do it through a web
page and not just use regular email to get in contact with a company one
does business with anyway.

To implement such a solution, you'd probably have to build some ACL for
the RCPT part to only accept messages to that address from a list of
given sender addresses and then implement the autoreply. For some
examples of autoreply check out this faq wiki entry:
http://wiki.exim.org/EximAutoReply

For the ACL in the acl_smtp_rcpt part you could start with something
like this... (not tested!)

   deny    message      = This address can only be used by registered
members.
           recipients   = noreply@???
           senders      = ! /list/to/addresses

This causes a message sent to noreply@??? not coming from an
address listed in the file (one address per line) to be rejected with
the given reason.

This is not fool prof either, as the sender address can always be forged.

Oliver