Re: [exim] noreplys...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Doe
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] noreplys...
> ... it's a bad idea to :fail: that
> address. This basically means, this address does not exist. This is the
> best way to prevent communication with any domain that does callback
> verification of the sender address with the assumption that, if the
> sender address is not valid, it is junk and therefore it's not worth to
> accept it.

Hum... I tested with yahoo mail and it worked; but maybe they don't verify the sender...

> Put that aside and assume you change it to :blackhole: the message is
> silently discarded without any further info. Which is exactly, what one
> should except from an address like noreply@.
> If you like to send out a pretty message to the user, you could consider
> an autoreply on that address.

I don't need to include the orginal message; I just need a simple static message (a few lines in a few languages) telling users that this email has been ignored and to use the website instead.
Is there a way to generate an autoreply with :blackhole: ?
By autoreply, you mean things like bounce_message_file or warn_message_file to do it?
Sorry, I am still a bit by exim's syntax. If you know of an example

> BUT that has some drawbacks as well, as you will send out a message to
> the sender of every incoming one. This can be abused as well, especially
> if you include the original message.

Does that mean that there are no "clean" solutions (appart from blocking mailinglists emails)...?
Maybe could there be a way to check if the email is one of our members before sending the autoreply...?

Thx,
JD