Re: [exim] temporarily suspend mail delivery to an account

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeroen van Aart
To: Exim Users List
Betreff: Re: [exim] temporarily suspend mail delivery to an account
Jason Keltz wrote:

> delivery on the mail server. I'd be fine if the sending user got a
> message that their message was queued for delivery. Is this the correct
> behaviour? or am I misunderstanding?

When I added a defer entry I get a message in the logs like below:

2008-10-14 13:42:17 1Kpqif-0003Cp-2Q == example@???
R=hubbed_hosts T=remote_smtp defer (-44): SMTP error from remote mail
server after RCPT TO:<example@???>: host 10.0.0.2 [10.0.0.2]:
451 Temporary local problem - please try later

This means the MTA which attempted delivery will retry again. For as
many times as it is configured to do. Exim I believe by default will try
for 5 days and then send a permanent failure notice.

Greetings,
Jeroen