Re: [exim] temporarily suspend mail delivery to an account

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jason Keltz
To: Jeroen van Aart
CC: Exim Users List
題目: Re: [exim] temporarily suspend mail delivery to an account
On 10/14/08 16:26, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> Jason Keltz wrote:
>> The problem with this approach, I believe, is that the sender gets back
>> "texthere", and the delivery is deferred. I would prefer for the
>> message to be accepted by the system, but queued for delivery until the
>> name is removed from the "temporary stop delivery" file.
>
> That's what it does. Except it will inform the sending party. I assume
> you want to avoid actual notification of the email being deferred? I
> don't know the specifics by heart, but I am sure the configuration entry
> dealing with deferring email can be changed to not notify the sender.
> But that I believe would break smtp standards, so you'd rather create a
> custom entry.

Hi Jeroen,

When I added the line to my aliases file, and tried to send a message to
the account with Thunderbird, the message that I added to my aliases
file was displayed in Thunderbird, but the message was not queued for
delivery on the mail server. I'd be fine if the sending user got a
message that their message was queued for delivery. Is this the correct
behaviour? or am I misunderstanding?

Jason.