Re: [exim] Ha: Re: How many times does router run for multip…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: vitas1
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Ha: Re: How many times does router run for multiple recipients?
wbh@??? wrote on 06.10.2008 19:12:04:

> Unless / until you turn up your logging detail or add some tracking
> tools (see also 'debug_print') you can only be sure what took place with

> those routers that do what was expected of them and leave footprints in
> the logs. Or somewhere else recoverable/visible.
>
> So the 'NOT offered' may or may not be correct, and may or may not be
> for the reason you believe it to be such.
>
> Bill

Well I've looked at the source code. Looks like Exim does the following.

Assume a message has 2 recipients at the same domain. First of them *is
handled* by some router
that has a "same_domain_copy_routing" option set.

Exim "marks" processed address and then checks if there are more
recipients at this domain.
If they are then they will be routed with *the same* router as the first
recipient. In this case Exim
*never* returns to routers list (maybe "unseen" option could help - I
don't check).

Well it is not a bug - but someone *should be careful* with this option if
he tries to use a router with per-recipient condition...

Andrew, Bill - thanks again for help.

Vitas.