Re: [exim] Immediate bounce after mail is received

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Immediate bounce after mail is received
Ted Cooper wrote:
> Jens Hoffrichter wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> On one of the systems I administer, I have a strange problem I can't
>> really get a grasp of why it happens.
>>
>> The Exim running here is a 4.66 on RHEL 4.
>
> Your best bet might be upgrade Exim as there are a few issues with the
> retry code in 4.66 that were fixed in 4.67.
>
> There are not configuration or compatibility issues preventing you from
> upgrading to the latest version 4.69.

... and even 4.67 or 4.68 would fix that particular problem if the ports
or packages available for a given OS / distro are not 100% up to date...

> (This question could be considered for FAQ inclusion)

Seconded,

PLUS a general reinforcement

'..should keep Exim as current as practical to minimize time wasted
chasing things already fixed in newer releases..'

w/r compatibility issues:

JFWIW, a large, but not overly sophisticated 'configure' file has
remained workable from 4.53 thru 4.69 w/o need of change, and our 4.4X
configure might have done nearly as well had we kept it.

NB: ISTR we skipped 4.66, though. Accident of timing, not on purpose.

;-)

Still - Exim is about as good as it gets in the seamless upgrade regard.

Bill Hacker