Re: [exim] can't send out

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ted Cooper
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] can't send out
Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> My request is simple, and I am hoping the solution is as well.
>
> I can receive email on my server running exim4, but apparently, my email is
> not going back out.
>
> My server is 'fyrenice.com' and I suspect I may have some incorrect
> settings.
>
> Where do I start in diagnosing this problem?

Well since you have sent this message via your fyrenice.com server,
which smart hosts through your ISP's mail server and this message made
it to the list, I would have to suggest that your email is "going back
out" just fine.

You can check out the log files present in /var/log/(whatever they are
configured to be) and look for the entries regarding messages going
missing. The exigrep utility is good for sifting through the log if
there is a lot of it.

exigrep targetemailaddress@??? /var/log/<log file name/path>

Unless there is some sort of error message reported back to you when you
send out emails, I would guess that one of the systems beyond your
server is silently bit bucketing them.

That's about the best guess I can give from here, the rest is up to you
finding some sort of error messages.

Ted