Re: [exim] Help with simple .forward filter: accept only cam…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: W B Hacker
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Help with simple .forward filter: accept only campus mail
David Mathog wrote:
> I seem to be missing some key point. With this ~drm/.forward file:
>
> # Exim filter
> if error_message then seen finish endif
> #
> if $reply_address matches .*campus\.edu\$
> then
> unseen deliver mathog@???
> seen finish
> else
> unseen finish
> endif
>
> Here is the command line test:
>
> % /usr/exim/bin/exim -bf .forward -f mathog@??? < test_message
> Warning: no message headers read
> Return-path copied from sender
> Sender      = mathog@???
> Recipient   = drm@???
> Testing Exim filter file ".forward"

> Unseen deliver message to: mathog@???
> Seen finish
> Filtering set up at least one significant delivery or other action.
> No other deliveries will occur.
>
> However, when I actually send mail from mathog@??? to
> drm@??? no forwarding back to the designated address occurs. A
> copy is saved in /var/mail/drm though, so at least that part of the
> delivery works. Watching this with eximon shows no
> attempt by exim to forward mail to the designated target.
>
> When the command line test is changed to -f "foobar.edu" it indicates
> that nothing should be delivered, which is as desired.
>
> So why does the command line test (the -f "campus.edu" one) say one
> thing, and the actual exim delivery do another?
>
> This is exim 4.63 on Solaris 8.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Mathog
> mathog@???

Not my area of expertise, but how about this:

- your debug input sez 'no message headers read', 'Return-path' was
copied from sender.

Does your 'live' input perchance make different information available?
(thereby NOT fully satisfying the 'if $reply_address ..' condition?

HTH,

Bill