Re: [exim] Per-recipient post-DATA acknowledgements

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ian Eiloart
To: W B Hacker, exim users
題目: Re: [exim] Per-recipient post-DATA acknowledgements

--On 7 October 2008 19:49:44 +0800 W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:

> Am I the Lone Ranger in wanting to tilt toward an implementation ten
> years in use vs one not yet even dry?

NOPE. There are three suggestions so far: XEXDATA, XLMTP, and XPRDR

I favour XPRDR technically (strict timeouts enable tarpitting without
losing compliant hosts, for example), but XEXDATA has the advantage of
having an existing implementation. XLMTP has the advantage that LMTP is in
widespread use, so there's lots of code out there.

I agree with you that we should favour XEXDATA because it's already out
there, even though I think it is inelegant.

However, I'd also advocate supporting both EXDATA and XPRDR, because that
might give us code that's flexible enough to be adapted to any similar
scheme.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex