Re: [exim] Per-recipient post-DATA acknowledgements

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: W B Hacker
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Per-recipient post-DATA acknowledgements
Claus Assmann wrote:
> Why not add support for PRDR? Take a look at the (unfortunately
> expired) internet draft from Eric A. Hall:
>
> SMTP Service Extension for Per-Recipient Data Responses (PRDR)
>
> It is supported by one MTA (MeTA1, see http://www.meta1.org/).

I'm not against adding three or four and seeing what works best in practice.

But that needs working between at least two disparate MTA *each* of
which should have some visible, sizeable, active, and expert user
community that uses that MTA 'in anger' eg for revenue or 'job risk'.

*OW - seriously give a damn about stuff working as it should.

Call it market share if that suits. Exim has it, courier-mta has it,
postfix has it, and for sure sendmail has it.

And MS Exchange? But let's not go there just yet..

;-)

I'm not criticizing MeTAl, but it doesn't look to have yet even had
*time* to gather that sort of acceptance.

Bill