Re: [exim] RFC 5321, 5322

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ian Eiloart
To: W B Hacker, exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] RFC 5321, 5322

--On 4 October 2008 05:12:18 +0800 W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:

> - Too few long-standing needs have been addressed. It is close to ten
> years since Courier-MTA introduced a post-data phase extension that
> would allow a server to say WTTEF: "10 of those 13 will accept that
> these 3 will not." Ability to check content and return a modified list
> of accept/reject while still 'online' is essential - and much 'cheaper'
> than playing with potentially damaging after-the-fact 'bounces'.

I propose an SMTP extension, allowing two hosts to switch into LMTP, which
does permit this. The LMTP protocol is nicely defined, and lots of code
exists.

Am I right in thinking that, if such an extension existed, it would be
relatively easy to modify Exim to support it?

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex