Re: [exim] quota_warn_message sends no message

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: Hannes Rapp
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] quota_warn_message sends no message
On 2008-10-06 at 00:01 +0200, Hannes Rapp wrote:
> I set up quotas and warning message in my exim config, but I do not
> receive a warn message if I cross the quota.
> exims seems to recognize that the mailbox exeeds the quota threshold,
> but sends no message.

The key word here is "cross"; bear in mind that the quota notification
is delivered to the normal message recipient.

"If the resulting value is greater than zero, and delivery of the
message causes the size of the file or total space in the directory tree
to cross the given threshold"

For the warning message to be sent, the delivery of *this* email must
cause the total usage to cross over the warn threshold. Otherwise, the
receipt of the warning message would cause another warning message to be
sent.

The first mail which caused the threshold to be exceeded will have added
generated a warning mail. In this case:

> 23:43:20 32606 quota = 60817408 threshold = 42572185 old size = 57428328
> message size = 412

you were already over the threshold.

Regards,
-Phil