Re: [exim] *Suspect* Exim can't delete queue

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: W B Hacker
To: exim users
古いトピック: [exim] Exim can't delete queue
題目: Re: [exim] *Suspect* Exim can't delete queue
shwick wrote:
> Ubuntu 8.04
> Exim 4
>
> I have 10 frozen messages in the queue and I can't delete them. Both of
> these commands:
>
> sudo exim -bpr | grep frozen | awk '{print $3}' | xargs exim -Mrm
>
> sudo exim4 -bp | awk '/^ *[0-9]+[mhd]/{print "exim -Mrm " $3}' | sh
>
> return Permission Denied. Also I know that only the sender of the mail can
> delete it so I tried it without sudo, still denied.

man exim

Look at:

exim -Mrm <message id>

Depending on when and where you use this, you may want to insure you
have abandoned in-process delivery OR done an unfreeze AND/OR a
last-effort manual attempt to force delivery first.

Or not.

Details for that nearby in the manpages.

You will need EUID:EGID of an admin user, hence su or sudo.

> I got these commands from two different places, does it matter if I use exim
> or exim4?

Use whatever your installed binary OR the script invoking it responds to.

Bill