Re: [exim] SSL on 4.69

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Eli Sand
To: 'list2', exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] SSL on 4.69
> I'm just setting up SSL on my Exim 4.69 and I would like to ask a
> question about the certificate.
> Do I have to order it in the name of the MX record (which has a
> matching A record) or just for the domain without any sub name
> prefix.

Whatever your users (and incoming connections) will think your mail servers
name should be. If your users have their clients set to use just the domain
name, then that will work for your cert. If your MX is set to something
different and you want SSL for SMTP transfers too or whatever, then you
should have it match that.

Or, you can get a wildcard cert for your domain and use that and not have to
worry.

Eli.