著者: Renaud Allard
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] RFC 5321, 5322

Ian Eiloart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> People on this list will be interested to know that RFCs 2821 and 2822 (and
> some other related RFCs) have been deprecated by the release yesterday of
> RFCs 5321 (SMTP) and 5322 (Internet Message Format) respectively.

I was just browsing RFC 5321 (not finished reading yet)
It seems it implies that exim is not RFC 5321 compliant, for example:
"
    Lines consist of zero or more data characters terminated by the
    sequence ASCII character "CR" (hex value 0D) followed immediately by
    ASCII character "LF" (hex value 0A).  This termination sequence is
    denoted as <CRLF> in this document.  Conforming implementations MUST
    NOT recognize or generate any other character or character sequence
    as a line terminator.
"

I don't think there is a way to make exim compliant with this one by
modifying anything in the config file.

Maybe it could be interesting to discuss the implications of RFC5321 and
RFC5322 on current exim implementation.