Re: [exim] Configure EXIM4 for SMTP AUTH

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Peter Bowyer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Configure EXIM4 for SMTP AUTH
2008/10/2 Hannibal Ndlovu <hannibaln@???>

> Hi All
>
> Am running DEBIAN 4, Kernel 2.6.18-6-686,
>
> i have installed - EXIM4, DOVECOT and within my local network users
> can send mail and works well but users try send mail when they are
> outside the local network their mail is not delivered and they get a
> message back saying
>
> "Relay not permited"
>
> I have been told i need to implement SMTP AUTH - i have tried a number
> of guides and nothing seems to work
>
> My back is to the wall can some one please post a working guide to
> implementing this - Please dont tell me to Google-it of RTFM, i have,
> i kept a copy of the original exim4 config so am running on that right
> now

The Debian exim config has options for SMTP auth. Probably best to
consult your Debian docs, as we don't directly support the Debian
config on this list.

Generically, AUTH is explained in chapter 33 of the docs -
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch33.html. You
should be able to get it going using the examples there; feel free to
ask specific questions here.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer