Re: [exim] Failed to read delivery status

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Chris Zimmerman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Failed to read delivery status
On 2008-09-25 at 12:32 -0400, Chris Zimmerman wrote:
> I was able to find the actual appendfile transport. I apologize, but I'm not
> sure how to read it. Not sure if this is a failure or not. This is snippet
> of the end of it. It looks to deliver the mail. And it does, but I'm not
> sure why it's failing to respond accordingly back to the process that
> started it.

So it delivers the mail fine, but then doesn't report okay, so when
things succeed later the recipient receives a second copy?

I see you're using shadow transports for RIM notification. Can you show
that configuration too, please?

At the moment, based on the information available I will be reviewing
the Exim code concerning the shadow transports and how that interacts
with alarms. I'll try to look into this tonight.

On the bright side, if the mail is getting delivered first time then
that explains why you haven't been inundated with user complaints. :)

Regards,
-Phil