Re: [exim] gmail with exim

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: scott andreas
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] gmail with exim

On 25 Sep 2008, at 07:29, scott andreas wrote:
> I've found similar config for a single user relay. But how do I relay
> through gmail with multiple gmail accounts

This is going to be difficult because gmail requires authentication,
and will rewrite the sender if the authenticated user does not have
the sender as one of their registered email addresses.

So to do this you need a full set of usernames *AND* passwords for
your users to authenticate to gmail. Thats really not good for many
reasons.

You would do better to just have your exim host set up as a valid
sending host for your domain - google apps encourages you to use
SPF and has some documentation for that - and then have it deliver
directly. There may be support for the DKIM styles of domain signing
too - not checked this.

[I've only worked with google apps free edition - there are additional
tweaks you can do with premier edition, although I do not know if they
are relevant to this]

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]