Re: [exim] Failed to read delivery status

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Chris Zimmerman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Failed to read delivery status
On 2008-09-24 at 22:00 -0400, Chris Zimmerman wrote:
> Currently I'm running Centos 4.x (4.5 originally), and Exim 4.69 I wish I
> knew to get more information. I'm looking for any suggestions. Not sure
> where to go from here.

Okay, that's a SIGALRM in 4.69; if something is intermittently causing
Exim to fail in a strange way, then there's a reasonable chance that
it's a problem which will have reached your system logs, or dmesg.

Otherwise, we need more information about the set-up, such as NFS
involved, what the delivery transport actually is, etc. If you can get
lucky enough to be logged in at a time when there's a problem going on,
then "exim -d" is your friend. Probably with -M to force a delivery
attempt for a particular method.

"man exim" will list options for expanded debugging in particular
areas, if "exim -d" doesn't help enough.

-Phil