Re: [exim] Sending mail directly to a smarthost

Author: Alex Carver
To: Dan_Mitton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending mail directly to a smarthost
--- On Tue, 9/23/08, Dan_Mitton wrote:

> I would try adding router.mydomain.com:mail.mydomain.com to
> your
> local_domains list.

That did it, thanks! Along the same line (maybe I should start another thread) is it possible to append a hostname to the subject line when a smarthost receives mail from a local net machine to itself. So in this case if I send mail from the machine machine_foo.mydomain.com to mail.mydomain.com for local delivery, I'd like to see the subject line read:

Subject: [machine_foo] (rest of subject is here)

But if the smarthost receives mail from anywhere else, it should not mangle the subject line at all.