Re: [exim] Exim doesn't list actions taken with -bf on a Sie…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Roderick Schertler
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Exim doesn't list actions taken with -bf on a Sieve filter
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:36:23 +0200, Michael Haardt <michael.haardt@???> said:

>> When I test a Sieve filter with -bf Exim doesn't print the actions it
>> takes, however if I add -d I can see them. Here's an example:
>
> The code behaves as intended, but it would be easy to change this
> if there is consensus that different behaviour would be better.

I suggest that it should be changed to list the actions taken. This is
what the man page says it does:

    The result of an Exim command that uses -bf, provided no errors are
    detected, is a list of the actions that Exim would try to take if
    presented with the message for real.

and how it behaves with an Exim filter:

    $ cat test.filter
    # Exim filter
    save test.mbox
    $ echo "To: nobody@???

    body" | exim -bf test.filter
    Return-path copied from sender
    Sender      = roderick@???
    Recipient   = roderick@???
    Testing Exim filter file "test.filter"

    Save message to: test.mbox
    Filtering set up at least one significant delivery or other action.
    No other deliveries will occur.
    $ _

--
Roderick Schertler