著者: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Exim + dovecot LDA problem
On tisdagen den 16 september 2008, Sergey Konyshev wrote:
> I have a problem with setting up delivery with the Dovecot LDA.
>
> Exim is running under mail user.
>
> Exim log message:
>
> 2008-09-16 15:38:47 1Kfcdb-0003Ia-5W == <skipped> R=localuser
> T=dovecot_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: failed to chdir to
> /home/<skipped>
>
> I think the problem is that delivery runs under mail user which hasn't
> access to user home directory.
> But under which user should LDA be running?

The easiest way is if it runs as the target user (which check_local_user can
take care of). Otherwise it will have to run as root (so that the mail files
will be owned by the right user), and Exim refuses to do that. It can be
setuid root, but then you have to restrict who can run it.

See http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)