[exim] Different problems with exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mirko S.
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Different problems with exim
Hi,

[ I'm sorry, if this mail comes twice, but it seams, it didn't reach its
goal the first time ;) ]

A few month ago I setup an exim smtp server. it works, but there are
some problems I would like to solve, but I couldn't find a solution. So
I hope you can help me, solving one or another of them:

1. SMTP-Authentication. Before exim a postfix-server was installed on my
vserver. At this time users could authenticate by the login-data in
/etc/passwd / /etc/shadow through saslauthd. This is, what I also want
for my exim server, but it seems, that exim can't communicate with
saslauthd. For a workaround, I configured it the following way:

LOGIN:
  driver                     = plaintext
  server_set_id              = $auth1
  server_prompts             = <| Username: | Password:
  server_condition           = ${if and
{{eq{$auth1}{some_user_name}}{eq{$auth2}{some_password}}}}
  server_advertise_condition = 1

This works just fine, but everybody has to login with the same login
data, what I don't like. I tried different lines for server_condition
(like "${if saslauthd{{$auth1}{$auth2}}{1}{0}}") but none of them
worked. Everytime I try logging in via /etc/passwd-login I get the same
error as if I login with invalid login data.

If it doesn't work with /etc/passwd, I'm also open for other methods of
authentication.

2. Temporary failures. The second point is, that sometimes communication
with other mail-servers will fail for temporarily reason. Of course, I
can't prevent this. But there are two things I would like to tell exim
to do:

a) More retries. When I looked at the log-files I saw, that it retried
after 5 minutes, and next time after more than 24h. Can I set thows
retries as I like?

b) Information for the sender. Can I tell exim to send a mail back to
sender, if it doesn't work for e.g. 1h with a content like "I couldn't
send your mail for 60 minutes, but I will keep trying". And after a
successfull transmit I'd like to get a mail like "I did it, finally!"

3. Spamassassin. I use spamassassin for checking mails, which works fine
most of the time. But sometimes spamassassin seams to be down, so that
exim can't connect to it. My Questions:
a) Does somebody have any idea, what the problem could be?
b) Can I make exim retry connecting to spamassassin before transmitting
the (spam)mail unscanned?

4. Autoreplay. Can I make exim automatically send replies to the sender
of mails, if the recpient is on holidays? And what would be the best way
to make this configurable by the users (I don't want to open the
exim.conf any time, somebody goes on holidays :P )?

If you need more information just feel free to ask. If you don't
understand what I mean, you may also ask. I know, that there are people
who speak a better English than me :P

Thank you very much!

Mirko