Re: [exim] Is there any easier way to write/express somethin…

Top Pagina
Auteur: W B Hacker
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Is there any easier way to write/express something like this?
Responding to both in one go ...

Robert Nicholson wrote:
> The reason it's not formatted any other way is that I don't know what
> line continuation characters etc are supported by the regex library that
> exim is using.

...that is easily tested, is it not?

and earlier wrote:

> Well the two regular expresses are designed to isolate potential
> foreign language email and therefore I don't copy those to my backup
> folder.

Suggest breaking this up into 'many' short, single-purpose tests, paying
close attention to conditionals so that as few as possible are applied
at all.

At least for initial tests, 'log_message =' lines that identify WHICH
test were run will make debugging and adjusting faster.

You may then identify and re-combine ONLY those which are always
triggered on the same criteria, AND actually do something more useful
w/r decision support than just parsing every message presented.

That last part tells the tale - given that 'legitimate' messages in
perfect Engish arrive here every day in messages bearing any of about a
dozen source-encodings, I'd not hold my breath that the end result is
all that useful in a 'globalized' world.

HTH,

Bill

> On Sep 18, 2008, at 11:03 AM, W B Hacker wrote:
>
>> Robert Nicholson wrote:
>>> These regex's get a bit unwieldy ... can this be data driven thru a
>>> file or can this regex be written/formatted so that it's more readable?
>>>
>>> if foranyaddress $header_to:,$header_cc: ( $thisaddress matches ^robert
>>> \@elastic
>>> a.com\$ ) and ( $header_content-type: does not match "\\s*=\\?
>>> (ks_c_5601-|big5|e
>>> uc-|shift-jis|(iso.\{0,4\}639-)|hkscs|sil|koi[78]|iscii|guobiao|gb2312|
>>> gb18030|(