Re: [exim] Problems mitigating joe job

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Adrian Phillips
Para: Ryan Thompson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Problems mitigating joe job

    Ryan> attacker sends out one of their batches, it is enough to run
    Ryan> my lightly loaded 1GB server out of swap within 3-4
    Ryan> minutes. (At which point I need remote hands to do a hard
    Ryan> boot, because ssh, login, etc. have been killed by the
    Ryan> kernel).

Assuming linux you'll need to change overcommit so running out of swap
space will cause jobs trying to allocate memory to get errors and not
cause jobs to be killed by the kernel. On a server, having overcommit
set incorrectly can be a killer.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/