Re: [exim] I've modified Erik Mugele's exim_surbl.pl utility…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] I've modified Erik Mugele's exim_surbl.pl utilityfor blocking URIBL in Exim
Ted Cooper wrote:

>> existsshaded.com
>> dozencourier.com
>> orecopper.com
>> bedcalab.com
>> anrosite.com
>> searchvisiontech.com
>> cluttlergroup.com
>> dogsswim.com
>> phosphatefarmhouse.com
>> jadedistinguished.com
>>
>> None of those are were created within the last 5 days. Most of them were
>> nowhere near 5 days.

Interestingly, I stopped getting any hits from that list after 21:30
last night, and all of the domains above are no longer listed. I've
checked from multiple source IPs.

> However, every single one of them either has fake whois data, is a
> questionable marking email source, has had its dns servers re-delegated
> due to spam, or is a click farming operation.
>
> If they keep on listing the domains that no one wants to hear from past
> 5 days, I don't mind ;)

Granted, I didn't want any of the mail from those domains, but still,
the most important thing an RBL maintainer can do is make sure their
listing policy is followed to the letter.

http://www.support-intelligence.com/dob/ - "The dob list is a DNSRBL
that contains domains registered within the last five days."

However, that is all overriden by - "The list is currently in BETA and
should be used accordingly. We still have some kinks in it and
occasionally domains older than five days, or other important domains
end up in the list. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Mike