Re: [exim] Dovecot authenticator always fails if in first at…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Dovecot authenticator always fails if in first attemptwrong password is given
On 2008-09-12 at 08:23 -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> I'm not sure this is a problem with exim, might as well be something
> with dovecot. Can anyone shed some light?

There have been various changes made to dovecot authentication in Exim
since 4.69; 4.70 hasn't been released yet. Do you feel up to building
from CVS and seeing if your problem has been resolved?

NM/02 Bugzilla 646: Removed unwanted C/R in Dovecot authenticator
      conversation.  Added nologin parameter to request.
      Patch contributed by Kirill Miazine

NM/04 Bugzilla 667: close socket used by dovecot authenticator

NM/05 Bugzilla 598: Improvedment to Dovecot authenticator handling.
      Patch provided by Jan Srzednicki

Fix NM/04 looks like it might fix your problem. (Assertion based on
patch descriptions and associated email, not on reading code).

-Phil