Re: [exim] About the .forward file

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] About the .forward file
2008/9/12 Kid <idckid@???>:
> Hi,
>
> Back in the sendmail world, when I wannt get mails for idckid
> forwarded to idckid@???, I simply do ``echo idckid@??? >
> ~/.forward''. And all mails to local user idckid would be forwarded
> directly to idckid@???.
> Now I am using exim4 on my system, doing exatly the same way wouldn't work.
> So my question is that, how do I finish this task?
> Thanks in advanced.

Check that you have a router that processses ~/.forward. This
functionality is not built-in to Exim, but is implemented in a router.
A simple grep for 'forward' in your Exim config should tell you.

If the router is there, look at the Exim logs to see why it's not
working - could be permissions on the .forward file.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???