Re: [exim] Sending Mails to Yahoo!

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-user
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending Mails to Yahoo!
On Sat, 2008-09-06 at 12:44 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> I run several mailing lists, and majority subscribers use
> @yahoo.whatever addresses.

I too run a few lists with a number of Yahoo subscribers...

> I realize by looking at the exim logs that yahoo servers will only
> accept upto N number of messages in a parallel delivery and defer the
> others.

Yes - but N can vary from 0 to rand($BIGNUM) seemingly according to the
phase of the moon.

I tried for ages to work out a good way to do it, failed, so just let
Yahoo get on with it. They never reject but their deferral period seems
to vary. The subscribers get their mail, albeit sometimes delayed, and I
get no complaints.

Graeme