Re: [exim] LDAP for Mail routing

Author: Hubertus Freiherr von Fuerstenberg
To: exim-user
Subject: Re: [exim] LDAP for Mail routing
Hi,

we are trying something similar but we're still in the
"Hey-that-would-be-kind-of-nifty"-Phase of the project.

We have two different messagestores (IMAP and IBM Notes). The idea would
be to leave the decision where to route the incoming mail to LDAP.

The Internet-Draft "LDAP Schema for Internet Mail Routing"
(http://www.sendmail.org/m4/laser.txt) provides more information on how
to achieve this. Most, if not all of the propositions have been
implemented in the Misc-Schema (correct me if I'm wrong).

So far, I think there is no need for a home-made schema, we could use
LDAPs' on-board means.

If I come up with a working Exim-config, I'll let you know.

cheers,
Hubertus

--
Hubertus v. Fuerstenberg
                    MAIL: Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems