Re: [exim] Recipient verification doesn't work at SMTP time

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: exim-users
CC: Alexander Stintzing
Asunto: Re: [exim] Recipient verification doesn't work at SMTP time
On 2008-09-01 at 13:49 -0700, Phil Pennock wrote:
> The entry in the ACL used for acl_smtp_rcpt which includes "verify =
> recipient" will not use the Routers marked no_verify for determining
> whether or not an address exists. However, if you do this then you'll
> accept spam and generate a bounce, producing backscatter.

Meh, I drank more coffee. You're already producing backscatter.

I'm happy that you've now improved your situation, but please do look at
moving the checking into ACL-time checks to avoid this. You should be
able to use per-user spam-scanning with an ACL just fine. When you use
the spam condition, you write

spam = ${something that expands to the user that SpamAssassin should use}

Please read over "41. CONTENT SCANNING AT ACL TIME" in The Exim
Specification.

-Phil