著者: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] incoming message lost

On M 1 Sep, 2008, at 17:19 , Francesco Pasqualini wrote:

> Probem "solved".
> I reactivated the secondary/backup MX ( Exim version 4.50 ) server
> and now
> the messages are arriving without problems trough the secondary MX.
> May be there are some strange network problems between some net or
> some
> problems with exim6.0.
>
> We are in Italy, the secondary MX is in the USA.
> So the messages now make bigger travel but without problems.
>
> I remain in doubt about a possible exim problem.
> The main SMTP is Exim version 4.60

Are you with BT (ex albacom)? Are you with 9net(web/ave)? The former
gave us some routing problems in the past, but they should give
complete connection failures, the latter gave us in the past
inexplicable timeouts (only for messages higher than a few k), but
only with a specific ADSL modem on my side (an old USRobotics, quite
sophisticated but perhaps buggy on its own). Never managed to find out
what the second problem was thanks to completely uncooperative
behaviour by 9net. The first was resolved by writing to their network
people. However with some senders the timeouts might be triggered by a
slow DNS or simply blocked idents.
ciao
Giuliano