Re: [exim] Options for authenticating against /etc/shadow (P…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Options for authenticating against /etc/shadow (PAM) withoutmaking exim suid root
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Jaco van der Schyff wrote:

> From: Jaco van der Schyff <jvds@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:48:24 +0200
> Subject: [exim] Options for authenticating against /etc/shadow (PAM)    without
>     making exim suid root

> What are my options to auth against /etc/shadow using PAM without
> giving exim too much priviledges?
>
> I currently have two options: chgrp exim /etc/shadow

Chapter 11 of the exim manual suggests the possibility of using:

http://www.e-admin.de/pam_exim/

> or write an external authenticator (which is suid root) that
> returns a true/false which I can evaluate in exim.
>
> Any other ideas?

As already suggested, saslauthd.  Also documented in Chapter 11 of
the exim manual.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101