Re: [pcre-dev] License file issue

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Zack Weinberg
CC: pcre-dev, Allan.J.Cleaveland
Oggetto: Re: [pcre-dev] License file issue
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> > http://www.pcre.org/license.txt
> >
> > I found that you misspelled license at the very top of the file.
>
> That is not a misspelling, it is the British spelling of that word.

Indeed it is, and in the PCRE distribution tarball, there is a file
called LICENCE, not LICENSE, within which the British spelling is
consistently used. Not surprising really, seeing as how I'm British.
The PCRE web site is not run by me; if it were, I would have used the
British spelling for the file name.

The OED has "licence" as a noun, and both "licence" and "license" as
verbs, which is similar to "practice" and "practise".

It's these little differences that make life entertaining, isn't it?

Philip

--
Philip Hazel