Re: [exim] never_users list

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michael Heydon
Para: 91change
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] never_users list
91change wrote:
> Is there any configuration , so that 'exim' itself does change the
> ownership to exim_user ?

Personally, I would prefer (and I suspect many others would feel the
same way) if software didn't go changing things to suit itself. If I set
permissions on a directory it is because that is what I want, if exim
has a problem with that then it should complain, it shouldn't just
ignore what I have done and replace it with what it thinks is best. I
can't think of too many programs that would change permissions on
existing files, and that is a good thing.

With more "user friendly" unix-like systems appearing on the scene
people are starting to expect windows-like functionality (you click on a
wizard and the system does what ever is necessary to make the current
program work, even if it breaks something else in the process).
Obviously when working on systems that are expected to have a high level
of reliability this sort of behaviour can cause problems.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh@??? <mailto:michaelh@jaswin.com.au>