Re: [exim] Exim + SA (spamc)

Author: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim + SA (spamc)
Michelle Konzack escreveu:
> Am 2008-08-06 13:07:35, schrieb Eduardo M KALINOWSKI:
>> If you are concerned about calling the command 'spamassassin' several
>> times, I have to inform you that exim connects to the SpamAssassin
>> daemon just like spamc does, so it is actually more efficient than
>> spamc, because there is no need to spawn the spamc process.
>
> You mean, it connect to "spamd"?
>
> Where is this written in the Documentation of
>
> [root@???:~] apt-cache policy exim4

It is described in chapter 41 of the Exim manual (specifically in
section 41.2), which is available online at
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch41.html or in
the Debian packages exim4-doc-html or exim4-doc-info.

To use that feature, exim must be compiled with the content scanning
extension. In Debian, that means the exim4-deamon-heavy package.