Re: [exim] appendfile quota problem

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Bernd Jendrissek
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] appendfile quota problem
On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 14:28 +0200, Bernd Jendrissek wrote:
> Phil Pennock wrote:
> > If you're not happy building Exim yourself, then file a packaging bug
> > against your vendor.

(Or trust Nigel to forward mail to me; thanks :)

> > The overriden bit of OS/Makefile-Linux is:
> > CFLAGS=-O -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> >
> I know that exim isn't autoconfiscated, but IMHO CFLAGS should be
> user-owned. Instead the package should be setting its own, separate
> variables for special compiler or preprocessor options that it needs.
> Rather have:
>
> EXIM_CFLAGS = -O -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
>
> [snip]
>
> .c.o:
>         $(CC) $(EXIM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $<

> then the packaging system can specify whatever CFLAGS it likes.

That would be nice, yes. Although actually we since we provide our own
Local/Makefile anyway, we can just do 'CFLAGS += $(RPM_OPT_FLAGS)' in
that. Fixed in exim-4.69-6.fc10, which is building now.

David.Woodhouse@???                              Intel Corporation