著者: Ian Eiloart
To: Mike Grayver, exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] email queue build up

--On 11 August 2008 00:31:59 -0700 Mike Grayver
<moisey_grayver@???> wrote:

> I am running Exim 4.67. No changes in Retry section of Configuration
> file.
>

> Exim relays email to Exchange Connector servers. tus1xchecnpin1/2/3 are
> on the same local subnet as Exim. These Exchange connectors have higher
> priority in MX recors.
>

> Mail queue on this server build up very often.
>
> "./exim_tidydb -t 0d /var/spool/exim retry" It looks that removing the
> locks speed up email delivery but in some cases email queue goes down
> without any intervention.
>

> How can I diagnose and fix the problem.

It seems to me that the root of the problem is unreliable Exchange servers.
In Exim, you could reduce the retry intervals - perhaps only for these
servers. Also, get you queue runners fired off more frequently - perhaps
only for local domains. And, check the documentation for "retry" (esp
section 32) and "queue" options.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex