著者: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] ratelimit
On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 12:28:22PM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Johann Spies wrote:

> > defer message = Sender rate exceeds $sender_rate_limit \
> >                messages per $sender_rate_period
> >      ratelimit = 1200M / 1h / per_byte / leaky
> >      hosts  = <ip's of naughty hosts>

> Yes, that's fine.
>
> If you decide to use the hosts condition, put it before the ratelimit
> condition so that the rate calculation is skipped if the client host is
> not in the list. The ratelimit condition accesses a hints database so it
> is relatively expensive.

Thanks. So if I do not use the 'hosts' line the lookup will happen
with every email? It is then much more economical to define the hosts
and to use as few as neccesary.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have,
      and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not,
      because ye ask not."            James 4:2