[exim] ratelimit

Autor: Johann Spies
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] ratelimit
I just want to make sure that I understand the documentation on
ratelimit correctly before applying it.

Situation: we have got two 'naughty servers' in our network that
sometimes deliver a lot of email to one of our mail servers e.g.
10902 mails (5473MB) within an a few minutes. We have got three mail
servers but those servers only choose one to deliver their mass mail
to.

I am thinking of using something like this in the data-acl:

defer message = Sender rate exceeds $sender_rate_limit \
               messages per $sender_rate_period
     ratelimit = 1200M / 1h / per_byte / leaky
     hosts  = <ip's of naughty hosts>

The last line (hosts) is probably not necessary.

Am I on the right way with this configuration?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have,
      and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not,
      because ye ask not."            James 4:2