Re: [exim] Per-user spem rejection

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: Chambers, Phil, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Per-user spem rejection

--On 5 August 2008 15:03:55 +0100 "Chambers, Phil"
<P.A.Chambers@???> wrote:

> I allow our users to opt-in and out of spam rejection at SMTP time. I
> use Exim and SpamAssassin to score messages.
>
> I use the scheme where I record the opt-in status of the first RCPT user
> and do a retry-later rejection for subsequent users who do not have the
> same status. If the first user has opted in then I can reject at the
> end of the DATA phase if the message exceeds the rejection threshold.
>
> This scheme has been working fine for several months.
>
> I now have one site which re-queues for all recipients if any one of
> them gets a retry-later, so they never get a message to us if it has
> multiple recipients with mixed opt-in statuses.

They're idiots. Tell them to fix their mail server. They'll have similar
problems with, for example, greylisting sites. And with sites where one
user is overquota, or there are similar temporary problems delivering email
to one user.

Name them and shame them!

--
Ian Eiloart