[exim] Sender verify querying strange servers

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Brad Jenkins
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Sender verify querying strange servers
I can't figure out why exim is quering what appears to be the wrong mailservers during sender callouts for jpmorgan.com

Here's the logs, it's querying 170.148.48.190, now i can't find where it pulled that from.

2008-08-04 18:12:13 H=sb4.jpmchase.com [170.148.48.190] sender verify fail for <customer.a@???>
2008-08-04 18:12:13 H=sb4.jpmchase.com [170.148.48.190] F=<customer.a@???> rejected RCPT <customer.b@???>: Sender verify failed

To check manually I do a mx lookup for jpmorgan.com
>dig mx jpmorgan.com

and get
>jpmorgan.com.           600     IN      MX      10 mxe.jpmchase.com.
>jpmorgan.com.           600     IN      MX      10 mxi.jpmchase.com.

I open a telnet connection to either of those hosts and do a callout and it works fine, so I try connecting to sb4.jpmchase.com and i'm not allowed to connect to it. I look at all the IPs mxe and mxi resolve too and there's nothing near sb4.jpmchase.com[170.148.48.190]

So my question is, how exactly does exim decide who to callout to? I didn't get any indication of a redirect when verifying with the mailservers in the MX reply for the domain.

telnet mxe.jpmchase.com 25
Connected to mxe.jpmchase.com (159.53.46.185).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 ime6.jpmchase.com
HELO mailserver.ourdomain.com
250 +OK SMTP server Ready