Re: [exim] Problem with exim4, hotmail is seeing my mail as…

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Problem with exim4, hotmail is seeing my mail as Unsolicited Commercial E-mail
Mike Cardwell wrote:
> Marc Sherman wrote:
>
>>> I try to send an mail to an hotmail adres. The mail is getting relayed
>>> by an exim 4.63 (standard Etch).
>>> The mail is getting delevered to the SPAM folder. I have researched the
>>> problem, i have made an message containing:
>> You're fighting a losing battle. Hotmail just can't be trusted to accept
>> email reliably:
>>
>> http://projectile.ca/hotmail.html
>
> For the record, I don't think the "hotmail_headers" method on that page
> works anymore. I just gave it a test now, and it didn't seem to. I
> stopped using that method a while ago when I realised I could just relay
> my hotmail destined mail out through another box I have access to and it
> arrived straight in the inbox every time.
>
> God knows why they have such a problem accepting mail from my IP, still.

Here's a fun one for you.

When sending an email to a friend of mine on hotmail via a "perfectly"
set up mail server (not this one - haha), if I mention the words email
and google, or gmail, the email will never arrive not even into the spam
box. If I send an email with the exact same text except with those words
replaced with any other words, it gets straight through without delay.