Re: [exim] Fun with mail loops

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Fun with mail loops
Ross Boylan wrote:
> I forward some mail from the machine "iron" to "corn." Recently, the

> I'm not certain if it would make a difference if I used a .forward file
> on iron to do the mail handling (which would keep it in exim), rather

It could make a difference. But .forward or your method of forwarding
are prone to problems you just mentioned.

But what you could do is to make postmaster have two recipients.
Assuming you want each email to postmaster to arrive at both
destinations. My informed guess is this will not cause a loop.

If you only want a particular failure notice to be sent to 2 recipients
then I am sure there are a number of ways to configure exim to do so.
Most logical would be to do so in the particular configuration part
which deals with said error. But I don't know by heart where it would be.

Regards,
Jeroen