Re: [exim] Problem with exim4, hotmail is seeing my mail as…

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with exim4, hotmail is seeing my mail as Unsolicited Commercial E-mail
Marc Sherman wrote:

>> I try to send an mail to an hotmail adres. The mail is getting relayed
>> by an exim 4.63 (standard Etch).
>> The mail is getting delevered to the SPAM folder. I have researched the
>> problem, i have made an message containing:
>
> You're fighting a losing battle. Hotmail just can't be trusted to accept
> email reliably:
>
> http://projectile.ca/hotmail.html

For the record, I don't think the "hotmail_headers" method on that page
works anymore. I just gave it a test now, and it didn't seem to. I
stopped using that method a while ago when I realised I could just relay
my hotmail destined mail out through another box I have access to and it
arrived straight in the inbox every time.

God knows why they have such a problem accepting mail from my IP, still.

Mike