著者: Hans Klose
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Router problem
Hi all,

i have a problem with a Router configuration.

The first router the mail passes is a query I wrote in perl.
He looks if the User is in our AD and in a MYSQL DB and if
so it will be forwarded to our internal Mailserver.
If not the mail goes to next router that is the DNS lookup router.

External IP:        217.196.145.212   (not in real)
Mailserver IP:        192.168.1.20
Internal Mailserver IP:    192.168.0.10

Domain Name: maildingdong.com
MX for maildingdong.com => 217.196.145.212

The problem is sometimes the LDAP server is busy and not reachable.

So a mail is coming in for me@??? and the condition in the
ldap router is false. The mails goes to the second router and this one tell exim to
transmit the mail to 217.196.145.212. But this one is not reachable because
of a firewall.

So far so good (I thought).

I thought if exim can not reach 217.196.145.212 it will try it again later and later and so on
and send the mail back after 4 Days. Or if the LDAP server is reachable again exim
send the mail to the internal server, as he should.

But in our case after 1 minute exim send the mail back to the sender with the error message
>>retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period

Why exim don't use the normal retry time rule?
Is it because there are a great number of mail
cant be delivered for that host?

How can I disable this and tell exim to use the normal retry time or if the LDAP
is back to send the mail to the internal server?

Here are the relevant parts of the configuration:

###################
begin routers

ldap_lookup:
  debug_print = "R: LDAP Lookup Router"
  driver      = manualroute
  condition   = ${if eq{${perl{ldap_check_rcpt}{router}}}{true}{yes}{no}}
  route_list = * 192.168.0.10
  transport   = remote_smtp

lookuphosts:
  debug_print = "R: lookuphosts for $local_part@$domain"
  driver      = dnslookup
  domains     = ! +local_domains
  transport   = remote_smtp_strip_hdr
  ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8

begin retry

# Domain               Error       Retries

*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

Regards Hans!