Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Yves Goergen
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69
On 19.07.2008 19:12 CE(S)T, Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 06:53:31PM +0200, Yves Goergen said:
>> If this is true, I would need to find libmysqlclient.so.* on my prod
>> server in some default location. But it is only in the /home/.../src/...
>> path where it was built and in the same path as indicated above:
>> /usr/local/mysql5/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so{,.15,.0.0}
>> The file /etc/ld.so.conf doesn't exist on either system and there is no
>> LD-something environment variable that might point to a library path.
>
> On the server where it works, run
> ldd /path/to/exim | grep mysqlclient
> and see where the linker is finding it.

'ldd /path/to/exim' lists a bunch of libraries, but nothing with mysql
in it. Strange, but it does access a MySQL database server and it really
works.

>> Also, it doesn't explain why my prod machine finds the include files and
>> library in the mysql subdirectory on its own (when building) and on the
>> test machine it doesn't.
>
> Hmm. Have you run ldconfig on the test machine? The only other thing I
> can offer is that upgrading will get you the new versions without you
> building them all yourself.

No, I don't know ldconfig.

You mean upgrading Debian? Yes, that's my plan, but to test the upgrade,
I first want to setup a test environment with the same software as on
the production server. After the dist-upgrade of Debian is complete, I
can further evaluate replacing self-built applications by packages.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>